This is the fifth offering in the multi-award winning Civilization PC gaming strategy series featuring the famous “just one more turn” addictive gameplay that has made it one of the greatest game series of all time.
In Sid Meier’s CivilizationV players strive to become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age, waging war, conducting diplomacy, discovering new technologies, going head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and building the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
Enhanced by Intel Core
With a successful 20-year history and a devoted following in the gamer community, Sid Meier’s Civilization* series had a substantial challenge in raising the bar for Civilization V. Part of that challenge involved ensuring that the prospective audience would be able to experience the game on a mainstream computer system and enjoy the game just as much as they would on a high-end system.
To that end, Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA) paved the way for ensuring the game would offer the best possible mix of graphics and game performance for the vast majority of systems in use—including notebooks and desktop machines equipped with Intel® Graphics chipsets.
The developers also had one eye on the future, taking advantage of Intel® multi-core processing so that as many-core processors become even more prevalent, the game will work even better on new technology.
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game — the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire.
- Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game.
- Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape.
- Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory.
- In-Game Community Hub: Compete with Civ players from all over the globe via the Internet, offering endless ways to rule the world. The game itself now serves as the hub of community activity, featuring the ability to share scenarios, compare scores, brag about achievements and visit one of the thriving Civ fansites without leaving the game.
- Modability: With unprecedented modding tools, players will have incredible options for modifying Civilization V any way they like